About Luen Thai Enterprises
Luen Thai Timeline
- Founded Luen Thai Fishing and Luen Soon Navigation Company in Hong Kong and subsequently fully acquired both companies.
- Business expanded with new companies in Sabah, Brunei and Kaohsiung
1973 - 1978
- Expanded shipping and trading business to Guam and Saipan
- Set up L&T (Guam) Corp to engage in Movie distribution
- Formed Unity Development Corporation for home entertainment and real estate businesses in Guam
- Founded L&T International Corporation in Saipan
1984 - 88
- Ventured into apparel manufacturing business in Saipan
- Expanded apparel manufacturing to Quanzhou, Sanming, Suzhou, and Wuxi in China and the Philippines
- Diversified Saipan businesses: Century Finance Co Ltd, Century Insurance Co Ltd, and Century Travel Agency
- Launched CTSI in Saipan and L&T (USA) in California
- Founded Pacific Oriental Inc. in Saipan to engage in airport ground handling and passenger flight service
- Tan Holdings Corporation in Saipan became the umbrella company in Micronesia
- Luen Thai Shipping and Trading Co., Ltd. became Luen Thai International Group Ltd.
- Formed Luen Thai footwear in Quanzhou
- Established Luen Thai Real Estate
- Acquired Saipan Tribune, Inc.
- Opened Luen Thai Fishing Co. in Tokyo, Japan
- Launched Asia Pacific Airline in 1999 to handle air cargo and forwarding services
- Founded Asia Pacific Hotels and Tango Inc. for hospitality and recreational industries
- Introduced the future Supply Chain City in Dongguan
- Created Integrated Solutions Technology and developed software for the apparel industry
- Launched "Rethinking and Renewal" to realize the vision "to be recognized by our customers as the best garment manufacturer in the world"
- Set up DDS Apparel in New York
- Certificate of Excellence from the Hong Kong Management Association
- Hong Kong Industry Award and Merit Certificate for Quality from the Hong Kong Industry Department
- Golden Shell Manufacturing Excellence Award in the Philippines
- Peking University's Luen Thai Center for Supply Chain Systems Research and Development openedFormed
- Acquired Dai-Ichi Hotels in Saipan and Guam. These became the Fiesta Hotels.
- Expanded to intimate wear production by acquiring GJM
- Started activewear production through an alliance with Yue Yuen, the world's largest footwear manufacturer
- Founded TellaS to provide ladies fashion design services
- On July 15, 2004, Luen Thai Holdings Limited listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Ventured into sweater business by acquiring Tien Hu
- Unveiled in Dongguan and Panyu Fabric and Trims Sourcing Center and two new development centers for Liz Claiborne, Nike and Victoria's Secret
- Partnered with Shenzhen Guangthai International for denimwear production
- Announced joint venture with TMS Group to go into fast fashion
- Opened Dongguan Tomwell Development Center for ladies fashion and suits
- Opened Nike Center of Excellence in Dongguan Supply Chain City
- Luen Thai Enterprises was formally formed as the holding company of the private businesses of the Luen Thai Group.
- Acquired DeskTop Limited to venture into laptop case and luxury bags production
- Sealed a deal with Skechers USA for distributorship in China and Southeast Asia
- Acquired Blue Bay Petroleum in Micronesia